Hello, everyone!! I am really sorry for being M.I.A. I have been very busy with my life and studies. I have so many blog posts lined up, but i didn’t get a chance to finish any of them just because of my busy schedule. So now I have time, I can finally get into them.
So today I bring you a review on the very hyped up Anastasia Beverly Hills Self-made Palette. I Just love ABH palettes because they are great value for money and has incredible quality just like their individual eyeshadows which costs for $12 a piece. But this newest edition to ABH palettes contains 14 beautiful eyeshadows (not full-size) and this costs for only $35 on the ULTA website. Though the previous ones used to contain 12 shadows like ABH Shadow Couture World Traveler Palette (review).
This palette truly has the classiest packaging ABH has ever come up with. And this also comes with a big mirror which makes it user-friendly. All ABH palettes have the traditional cardboard packaging which makes them travel-friendly. Still everything comes down to the product.
This palette has a unique shade selection just like their previous releases. So now here are the 14 shades that are in this palette.
- Pink Champagne: Rose gold with a titanium finish. This shade got so much hype. So they decided to include it in this palette just like their previous one.
- Metallic Plum: Dark plum with a metallic finish. This shade is perfect for a fall smokey eye.
- Self-Made: Deep bronze with a satin finish.
- Witchy: Khaki gray with a sparkle finish
- Blush: Light beige with a duo chrome pink finish
- Blossom: Lilac pink with a metallic finish
- Buttery: Buildable beige with an ultra-matte finish
- Deep Purple: Amethyst purple with a titanium finish
- Treasure: Ultra-light Champagne with a metallic finish
- Hot & Cold: Rum brown with a metallic finish
- Sherbet: Ultra-light peach with a velvet finish. A really nice transition shade.
- Isla: Sea foam green with a duo chrome gold finish
- Spirit Rock: Galaxy black with a sparkle finish
- Hot Chocolate: Rich, cocoa brown with an ultra-matte finish
MY PERSONAL FAVORITE SHADES:
Pink Champagne, Metallic Plum, Isla, Blush, Hot Chocolate, Buttery
This palette also includes a double-ended brush which is my absolute favorite.
This is a very versatile palette and has a really nice mixture of neutral and colours. But one thing the palette is missing is a matte crease colour. Though you can use “hot chocolate” mixed with “buttery” for a matte crease shade or even your bronzer. If shimmer doesn’t bother you in the crease then you can use the shade “Sherbert”.
I feel that this is a great palette if you like to try out new looks but not for someone who loves their neutrals. If i ever travel with this palette I think I will carry a neutral palette like Urban Decay Naked Palette (Review) or a palette with all matte shades like Tarte Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Palette (Review).
I think if you have the ABH Shadow Couture World Traveler Palette then you don’t need this one unless you are a makeup junkie like me. And if you couldn’t get your hands on the previous one then go for this one, I am sure that you won’t regret the purchase.
I rate this palette 8 out of 10.
I bought mine from a group called Lamppost and it costed me BDT 3500++. If you decide to purchase from them, tell them that I sent you even though I don’t make any commission whatsoever.
Have you tried this palette yet? If you have, then make sure you let me know about your thoughts on this palette. And if you find this blog helpful then make sure to follow me on my social medias and hit like on my blosposts. And for future posts make sure you subscribe your email on my blog to get notified.
xx Stay Beautiful xx